Careers at Public Agenda
Public Agenda is an equal opportunity employer.
GRAPHIC DESIGNER AND DATA VISUALIZATION SPECIALIST
Public Agenda is a nonprofit organization that helps diverse leaders and citizens navigate divisive, complex issues. Through nonpartisan research and engagement, it provides people with the insights and support they need to arrive at workable solutions on critical issues, regardless of their differences.
Public Agenda is seeking a Graphic Designer and Data Visualization Specialist to join our communications team, which supports Public Agenda’s programmatic work (in research, public engagement and higher education) as well as our fund raising and events efforts. This is a full time position located in New York, NY.
- Design and produce a wide range of materials in a variety of print and online formats for optimal user experience. Ensure that all materials are aligned with strategic communications goals and messages (defined by Communications Director and senior staff) and meet the specifications of Public Agenda’s existing style and branding guidelines (when applicable). Materials include:
- Formal research publications
- Charts and tables
- Event materials
- PowerPoint/Prezi presentations
- Interactive web content
- Digital content optimal for social sharing
- Meet with Communications Director, program staff and clients to determine the scope of a project and to advise on creative design-based strategies for reaching a particular audience.
- Manage production calendar, keeping colleagues on deadline and guiding projects through all phases of design and production: conception, layout, bid collection, file preparation for print and press check.
- Liaise with vendors, acquire bids and estimates, receive and process invoices.
- Develop fresh concepts, designs and sample layouts for new projects, products and event collateral.
- Ensure visual consistency across all Public Agenda products and projects.
- Establish style guidelines for secondary organizational collateral, including infographics, internal memos, charts and graphics, invitations and brochures
- Work with program staff to analyze and interpret qualitative and quantitative data and statistics. Develop visualizations to communicate data and statistics clearly and quickly through charts, graphics and infographics, as well as interactive web models in collaboration with Public Agenda’s Web Developer.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in fine arts or graphic design
- Dedicated professional with at least 2-3 years in a designer role
- Proven experience with graphic design and professional design standards
- Mastery of design software (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, web analytics packages, data analytics
- Interest in, understanding of and capacity to build data visualization models
- Proven experience working with statistics in creative ways
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on project tasks and knowledge of when/how to engage team members
- Strong project management skills, work ethic and communication skills and a proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines with competing priorities and diverse personalities
- Enthusiasm for Public Agenda’s mission and interest in public policy issues, particularly K-12 education, higher education and health care
To be considered, please submit your resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and portfolio or link to your portfolio online to Allison Rizzolo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit all applications in a single PDF document. Please write "Re: Graphic Designer and Data Visualization Specialist" in the subject line of your email and do not include your cover letter in the body of the email.
Compensation is commensurate with experience, and includes an excellent benefits package. Public Agenda values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.