Careers at Public Agenda
Public Agenda is an equal opportunity employer.
ASSISTANT, HIGHER EDUCATION AND WORFORCE PROGRAMS
The Higher Education and Workforce Programs Assistant works with the Higher Education (HE) team to develop, coordinate and implement higher education and workforce projects and also manages day-to-day tasks to help keep a busy team organized. The assistant must be highly detail-oriented and possess strong oral and written communications skills. He or she will support multiple projects, work independently as well as with the HE team and, over time, work toward participating in all stages of the life of a project (design, fieldwork, report writing and dissemination). Though reporting to the Associate Director of Higher Education and Workforce Programs, the assistant works to support all higher education and workforce staff and will also coordinate with other departments as needed. The Higher Education and Workforce Programs Assistant contributes to Public Agenda’s mission to create opportunities for collaboration and to facilitate problem solving for our nation’s most pressing issues.
The HE Assistant will commonly perform the following:
- Manage department organization – maintain electronic filing systems, schedule meetings, take notes during department meetings and project-related conference calls or webinars, manage and draft project-related emails and schedule calls/meetings of the HE team members.
- Coordinate project-related tasks – manage project and task tracking systems, work with project leads to develop work plans, budgets and project timelines, keep deadlines organized and project timelines on track, coordinate project mailings, printing and outside consultants.
- Coordinate the logistics for field studies - arrange interviews, set up focus groups through market research facilities and project partners, and send audio files for transcription.
- Assist with project results - proofread and format project reports, tools, and memos for varied audiences.
- Prepare materials – proofread and format materials for engagement workshops, facilitator trainings, and presentations.
- Support events – provide logistical support for client conferences and organization-wide meetings and events.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have earned at least a Bachelor’s degree
- Have at least one year work experience or extensive internship experience
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience with SPSS, NVivo or data analysis programs a plus
- Have strong writing and editing skills
- Be a strong team player and creative thinker
- Be highly detail oriented
- Demonstrate a passion for social and civic issues with an interest in working from a nonpartisan perspective
- Be available for occasional travel
- Have a good sense of humor and a flexible disposition
Public Agenda offers a generous benefits package to all of its employees. Please note that this is a full-time position located in New York, New York. If you believe you are well-suited for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to HR at email@example.com.
Note that we will be accepting applications until the position is filled. Only those who have been selected for a follow-up interview will be contacted.